Many problems on a Windows Laptop or Desktop computer are caused due to outdated or corrupted device drivers. Hence, we are providing below the steps to Update and Reinstall Drivers in Windows 10. TheTechLounge is devoted to reviewing tech, software, apps, and everything that excites a geeky mind.
- If the driver didn’t update correctly, repeat the steps one more time.
- Reboot your system, and Windows will no longer download and install driver updates automatically.
- If you use another cloud service or prefer not to upload files to the cloud, click the Only save files to this PC option in the screen’s bottom-left corner.
- On Device Manager window, expand one of the categories that you want to update driver for.
- I had to download SP1 because Windows Update said I didn’t need it – which was required for Win 10.
This method is beneficial for Windows 10 Home users. However, there might be situations where the automatic driver installation is not desired. Those situations include but are not limited to buggy drivers, wrong drivers, outdated drivers, incompatible drivers, etc.
How Microsoft Provides Drivers
On another installation on the same computer, of the ‘Windows Technical preview’ on another physical hard drive I do not have this problem. AMD and Nvidia offer options for clean installation when you install their GPU drivers. The last thing you should do is disconnect from the internet.
Quick Systems Of Driver Updater Explained
But sometimes, the latest version of a driver is not automatically installed. Some drivers take a good amount of time to appear on Windows Update. The driversol Device Manager in Windows 10 enables you to manually update device driver software with ease.